Join The Community

January 17, 2018

Rocky Mountain Conservancy - Conservation Corps - Summer 2018

ATTENTION: Young Adults (Ages 18-25)

CHALLENGE YOURSELF TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Crew Member Position Announcement

Join an ambitious team of outgoing, energetic, conservation-minded youth for a summer full of challenges, rewards, and accomplishments on Northern Colorado’s public lands!

WHAT TO EXPECT
With the Conservation Corps, you will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get hands-on training in resource protection with the Rocky Mountain Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the US Forest Service staff.

YOU WILL:
 BUILD YOUR RESUME, JOB SKILLS, AND PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES
 DEVELOP LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
 BUILD LIFELONG FRIENDSHIPS
 LEARN ABOUT THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
 NETWORK WITH PROFESSIONALS IN THE NATIONAL PARK SERVICE AND USDA FOREST SERVICE
 PROTECT COLORADO’S PUBLIC LANDS
 SPEND THE SUMMER OUTDOORS LIVING IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS

SUMMER SCHEDULE
From May 29 through August 10, 2018, RMC-CC crews will work and live in Rocky Mountain National Park and the Arapaho-Roosevelt National Forests. The 11 weeks will be filled with diverse work experiences in:
 TRAILS
 HABITAT RESTORATION
 OUTDOOR EDUCATION
 HISTORIC PRESERVATION

Crews are made of five members and one leader to maximize team-building and personal growth.
As part of the program, interns will earn up to $600 stipend every two weeks and AmeriCorps Education Award. Additionally, Rocky Mountain Conservancy provides housing, work clothing, boots, and gear for the duration of the season.

To learn more about this opportunity and receive PRIORITY HIRING, join the Rocky Mountain Conservancy for an information session.
When: Wednesday, February 21st from 3:30-4:30PM
Where: 3rd Floor Library at South High School, 1700 E Louisiana Ave, Denver, CO
Applications are due by March 18, 2018

https://rmconservancy.org/learn-us/rocky-mountain-conservation-corps/

2017 Crew Member Testimonials
“Every day I learned a new skill, either being the leader of the week, or how to use a certain tool. I watched myself grow into a person I never have thought that I would become. With waking up early, working as hard as we could, only to look back at the work we have done, or tourists appreciating the work we do, satisfied my heart. I know that I am not the same person that I was when I came.” – (Estes Crew Member)

“Over the past three months, not only have I developed a deeper understanding for the natural world and the conservation of our public lands, but I have also made lifelong friends. I have had experiences that will be with me my whole life.” – (Estes Crew Member)

“When I landed in Colorado, I didn’t know what to expect this season. I had a lot of hopes and a few apprehensions. I hoped to learn a lot, enjoy working in the outdoors, become a better leader, meet people with shared interests, and think about my future career. I came out having learned more than I ever thought I would, doing more, higher quality work than I ever thought I would, having unforgettable experiences in beautiful places, getting to practice leadership, learning from and laughing with the people I work with, and opening my eyes to career possibilities.” – (Rawah Crew Member)

“This summer with RMC has been one that I will remember and cherish for the rest of my life. It was intricate, nuanced, sweeping, exciting, new, illuminating, and beautiful…This internship has cemented the idea that I want to pursue a career in this field. Whatever I do with my life, I know that conservation and stewardship will be a big part of it.” – (Shadow Mountain Crew Member)

“The Rocky Mountain Conservancy – Conservation Corps was an educational experience intertwined with a friendship- and career-building environment. Through the program, I learned both hard and soft skills that will be applicable in my personal life and professional pursuits. The Corps has upheld its morals and values in regards to environmental conservation and passed them along to this current season’s members, many of whom, I presume, will do the same going forward.
The program also made an incredible effort to not only educate use in the methods of conservation work, but also the reasons behind why such work is so important. The Conservancy ran educational lessons on everything from history to predator-prey relations in Rocky Mountain National Park. The broadest lesson I took away from these teachings was that everything in the natural world has a purpose, working together to form a cohesive unit we call the Earth, and we have a significant role in preserving this environment.” – (Shadow Mountain Crew Member)

“I feel like my summer with the RMCCC has been the most constructive, both personally and professionally, to date. The leadership skills, outdoor knowledge, and friends I’ve gained this summer will be with me for life.” – (Red Feather Crew Member)

“Working with the Rocky Mountain Conservancy Corps has definitely been the life changing experience I craved. I did thousands of things that I couldn’t have done in Puerto Rico. Not only did I learn about trail work but also about leadership and the outdoors, just as the website of the program promised. When I applied I did not really know if I was going to like trail work, but I knew that anyway I was going to learn a lot. As it turned out, I learned how to assemble a tent, how to get on lighting position, how to shower only once a week, how to not depend on my parents, and oh so many things. Nevertheless, all of these experiences were not strenuous thanks to my crew, who became my family and helped me overcome every obstacle. When I did not understand something, they would explain it to me. When I felt frustrated, they would hug me. When I needed a hand, they would offer me 10. Thank you for letting me be part of this.” - (Boulder Crew Member)

“The skills I have gained throughout the last 11 weeks and friendships I have made will stay with me throughout the rest of my life. I have learned so much about myself and my strengths and weaknesses, and narrowed down my interests for my future career. This is a special organization and I couldn’t have asked for a better way to spend my summer.” – (Boulder Crew Member)

“Before the beginning of this summer I was extremely unsure about what I wanted to do in the future, but was constantly thinking about it as I am going into my senior year of college. Thanks to my experience’s this summer with the RMC-CC and the NPS I want to continue to be a steward of public lands.” – (Kawuneeche Crew Member)